Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring or Winter in Sequim - Which one is it?

Waking up this morning, Sequim residents really had something to talk about. After temperatures dropped yesterday afternoon quite a bit and even some snow flakes came down, it still did not look like we'd go back to winter. Well, we were totally wrong.

Sequim town wakes up to a thick layer of snow
What a surprise! This morning we found our backyard, flower bed, driveway and our balconies covered in a think layer of snow. Keoki's guess was 7 inches (!) of white stuff. I felt really sorry for my tulips and daffodils - luckily I had not planted the newly bought primroses. Well, I took a whole bunch of photos and will share a few with our Sequim town blog visitors. When the sun came out, we decided there is no need to work hard to get rid of all that snow in the driveway. The sun will take care of it.

Sun on the Olympic Mountains
We cleaned the balconies, left the driveway to the sun and went for a walk through Carrie Blake Park in winter boots and enjoyed, hopefully, the last winter day in Sequim. It was spectacular.
For the records, the sun took care of the snow on my flower bed and on our drive way!

View of Sequim and the Olympics through our picture window

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lovely weather there! Since we don't have winter here,I guess I want to experience winter. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that informative guide!

Anonymous said...

Are you certain that you would like to experience winter? Most people on the Olympic Peninsula in WA state prefer Hawaii during the winter months.

Don't get me wrong. Sequim is located at the most pleasant and beautiful spot in the Pacific Northwest between ocean and mountain and would be definitely worthwhile a visit to escape hot temperatures in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of cold winter weather and I'm definitely ready for spring, but the pictures of the snow are very beautiful!